Definition of our terminology as used within this document:
1. A ‘Project’ is any work undertaken or service provided by Siraj Media Ltd for the Client on their request and as described in our confirmation order email to that Client.
2. A ‘Client’ is a person, persons, business or organisation using any of the services provided by Siraj Media Ltd.
3. ‘Live Mode’ means the date the website is available on the Client’s chosen domain.
4. ‘Domain’ is the website address as specified by the Client.
5. ‘Open Source Software’ is software made freely available to anyone under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
6. ‘Hosting’ is a yearly cost to keep a clients website activated online.
7. ‘Content’ is both text and images that the Client requires on the website.
Siraj Media Ltd Terms & Conditions
1. The contract between Siraj Media Ltd and the Client will be on these conditions, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. Any variations to these conditions shall have no effect unless agreed in writing.
2. The works to be carried out shall be as set out in the Siraj Media Ltd confirmation order email.
3. Email will be the method of contact with regard to all communication. Although Siraj Media Ltd can be contacted by telephone, we will use email as our method of communication and therefore it is the Client’s responsibility to inform us of any change in email address so we always have up to date email contact details. Siraj Media can not be held liable in any way relating to communication issues if we are not supplied a valid email address.
4. Siraj Media Ltd will only commence work on a Project after receipt of a non refundable, 50% deposit of the quoted Project fee from the Client. Siraj Media Ltd will also require 50% payment to be made on final delivery prior to site on line. The website will be switched to Live Mode once the Clients remaining balance is paid in full.
5. The deposit paid to Siraj Media Ltd covers the cost of design work carried out as well as any admin work and communication with Siraj Media. The deposit is non refundable.
6. Level 1 Flash animation refers to 3 hours of Flash development time on the client’s website by Siraj Media.
7. Siraj Media Ltd shall expect the Client to carry out sufficient research before proceeding with a website. This will include checking that the website/idea/business will operate legally. It is important that the website is not in any way illegal.
8. It is important for the Client to keep in contact with Siraj Media Ltd throughout the entire Project. If a Client does not make contact for 10 working days we will make up to 5 attempts to contact the client by email using the email address specified when the client went ahead. If we do not receive a response to these attempts of contact the Project may be terminated, result in the freezing of the project for a period of time, will change the working plan and the delivery dates and the deposit will not be refunded.
9. Where images used on the website have been purchased by Siraj Media Ltd on behalf of the Client, these images are strictly for use on the website only. Siraj Media Ltd are not liable for misuse of these images by the Client or any other person’s copying, altering or distributing the images to individuals or other organisations.
10. Siraj Media Ltd will host the website if the Client requires us to do so and on receipt of full payment of our Hosting fees. In doing so, Siraj Media Ltd will endeavour to provide a reliable and professional service to the Client at all times but do not guarantee that the website Hosting will be available at all times, especially in the event of a technical failure beyond our control.
11. Siraj Media Ltd cannot be held responsible for anything adversely affecting the Client’s business operation, sales, or profitability that might be claimed is a result of a service offered by Siraj Media Ltd.
12. Where asked to provide search engine optimisation for a Client, Siraj Media Ltd do not guarantee any specific placement or high ranking on search engines.
13. Siraj Media Ltd will provide the Client with an expected completion date for the Project (live on the internet) if requested. Siraj Media Ltd will endeavour to meet any given deadline, but do not guarantee and are not bound in any way to complete the Project by this date.
14. It is the Client’s responsibility to check with Siraj Media Ltd whether Open Source Software is being used or not.
15. The Client shall not be charged for Open Source Software. If there is a charge for a website using Open Source Software, the Client is paying for the installation time. Open Source Software is not owned by Siraj Media Ltd or the Client.
16. Siraj Media Ltd owns all design and code of the website until final payment has been received in full. Once final payment is received, the Client will then own the design and code of the website, unless Open Source Software is used. Images will have been purchased by Siraj Media Ltd for the Client, unless the images have been supplied by the Client. Item 16 is subject to item 15.
17. All images displayed on the Client’s website will only be used after authorisation by the Client, and are the sole responsibility of the Client regarding usage and copyright. Should any legal issues or claims arise from the content or copyright of any images supplied by the Client or Siraj Media Ltd, they will be the sole responsibility of the Client.
18. Domain names will be registered by Siraj Media Ltd and also registered to the Siraj Media Ltd current address. Although the domain names are registered to Siraj Media Ltd, the Client is the legal owner of the domain and if they request to have details changed or the domain transferred elsewhere, Siraj Media Ltd will do this within a reasonable timeframe.
19. It is the responsibility of the Client to renew their domain names when due. If a domain name expires, Siraj Media Ltd can not be held liable for this. However, Siraj Media Ltd will make reasonable effort to contact the Client regarding domain renewal.
20. When a Client renews Hosting with Siraj Media Ltd, this also includes domain renewal if the renewal is needed to keep the site functioning and was purchased as part of the Hosting package. If the Client does not renew the Hosting, their domain name could be made available to the public for purchase and Siraj Media Ltd can not be held liable for this.
21. Renewal of Hosting is due on a yearly basis. The date of renewal will be annually from the date the website was ordered by the Client. The Hosting will not be renewed if Siraj Media Ltd cannot contact the Client or the Client requests for Siraj Media Ltd to not host this site. This will also affect the domain as per item 20.
22. The Hosting renewal charge must be received within 10 days of the Hosting expiry date. Siraj Media Ltd reserve the right to deactivate any website where the Hosting has expired and the Client has not paid the renewal charge. There will be an admin fee set by Siraj Media Ltd for reactivating the website/Hosting.
23. If the Client does not use Siraj Media Ltd Hosting services, then the management and Hosting of the Domain name are the full responsibility of the Client.
24. Should a Client wish to move Hosting away from Siraj Media Ltd or transfer a Domain name away from Siraj Media Ltd, a £30 admin charge will be issued, which must be paid before the transfer takes place.
25. Siraj Media Ltd has no control of, or responsibility for, the content of Clients’ websites. In no way does the textual or image based Content of our Client’s web sites constitute Siraj Media Ltd endorsement, or approval of the website or the material contained within the website. Siraj Media Ltd has not verified any of the materials, images or information contained within our Client’s web sites and is not responsible for the content or performance of these sites or for the Client’s transactions with them. Siraj Media Ltd provides links or references to our Client’s websites solely for the convenience of prospective customers and intends that the links it provides be current and accurate, but does not guarantee or warrant that such links will point to the intended Client site at all times.
26. Siraj Media Ltd is not liable for loss, damage or corruption to files or information stored on its servers or individual PCs relating to a Client’s website. The Client is solely responsible for any information or files relating to its website.
27. If a Domain name is purchased by the Client through a company other than Siraj Media Ltd, the Client has full responsibility in making sure that the domain name is renewed when due. Siraj Media Ltd will not renew the Domain name when annual Hosting renewal is due if the Domain name is purchased through a company other than Siraj Media Ltd.
28. Siraj Media Ltd makes no claims that the contents of this website may be lawfully viewed or downloaded outside England and Wales. Access to this website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If this website is accessed from outside of the United Kingdom, it is done at own risk and the visitor is responsible for compliance with the relevant laws of the visitor’s jurisdiction. The terms and conditions of this website are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Jurisdiction for any claims arising in respect of this website’s Content shall lie exclusively with the courts of England. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
29. Any changes in scope of work after initial agreement may result in additional billing and change in project plan and delivery dates accordingly.
30. All content (text and images) are to be provided digitally by the client in due time.
31. Technical support for 1 month by e-mail, after the site is live.
32. Prices don’t include any third party applications such as templates, components or photography fees.
33. Payment terms:
· 50% with the order upon approving the offer.
· 50% on final delivery prior to site on line.
34. Changes of the site contents can be made up to three FREE changes in your web site contents during the first month then after this period our minimum charge will apply that’s £35.00 per hour; agreed charge will be confirmed before the start of the changes.
35. For content Management System web site, basic guidance or video tutorial if available will be provided online to clients to enable them create, make, change to their web contents ( text and images), add new section or categories and change their contact information, polls information and how to display or hide any content the front page. These guidance or support does not mean in any way that we will train clients to be a web developer or programmer or to do a radical change in the page layout. For more information about what you can do in a CMS web site , please visit our website.
last updated 01/04/2016